Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Before the Snow


Before the Snow
Originally uploaded by randubnick

Today I took my car in to be repaired, which meant I would have at least an hour to kill at Starbucks while I waited, so I took my iPad with me. What I had in mind was the muted color palette of December that I had just seen as I was driving to the car repair. As winter approaches, when it is overcast and cold enough to snow--but doesn't--there are lots of greys and neutrals in the landscape, colors that I have learned to appreciate more over time. I was also interested in some more practice using the different kinds of digital brushes in this application, so I started this landscape, working from my imagination. After about an hour, I caught a ride home because I had to leave my car in the shop all day. But I still hadn't finished this sketch, so I worked on it for a few minutes when I got home, and here it is. The Brushes app on the iPad also captures a "stroke-by-stroke" video as you draw, so I plan to post that here tomorrow.

No comments: