Thursday, December 02, 2010

Spinning Dreidels Again


Spinning Dreidels Again
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

One of the first pieces of digital art I ever made was a digital drawing called "Chanukah Dreidel" (posted here several years later on Dec. 25, 2005). I had also captured the dreidel image in a pattern (also posted here on Dec. 5, 2007). Well, the dreidel pattern disappeared when I upgraded my Painter program, so today I found the original drawing and "captured" the pattern again. Then I used the pattern to make something new. I loaded the "digital pen" with the dreidel pattern, and started experimenting with dark blue strokes on light blue paper. It took some trial and error to get what I wanted. (For one thing, if you reverse directions with this pattern, the result is dreidels spinning upside down.) Then I posterized the image and cropped it. So, for Chanukah, here are my spinning dreidels again.

No comments: