Saturday, February 26, 2011

Heart Shaped Box Finished February 26, 2011


Heart Shaped Box Finished February 26, 2011
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Today I finally finished this project, a heart-shaped box covered with collage and decoupage designs created from printed metallic ribbon. I finished all the cutting and pasting earlier in the week, and have been working on painting the inside wall of the box top, which I finished yesterday. I am happy with the texture, especially because it reflects the ribbon on the adjacent surface. Today I painted all of the exposed edged and patched and filled any gaps I could find. It was hard to get the paint to adhere to the surface of the box, so it took several coats, and there were four heart-shaped perimeters to do. I had dark gold and light gold craft paint, and experimented with the brush work till I got the look I wanted. I am happy to be finished with this project, and glad for how it turned out. It has taken quite a long time, but I will miss working on it.

No comments: