Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Mountain Composition


Mountain Composition
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This is a digital sketch made on my iPad with the Brushes app. Tonight I decided to try to "paint" with transparent layers of color, to get the color to behave something like watercolor paint. I have been able to do that with my Painter software, but Brushes behaves quite differently so there is definitely a learning curve. Tonight I felt like I was beginning to get the hang of it. Although I worked from my imagination, the shapes, color palette, and horizon line are all drawn from my memories of the Colorado Rocky Mountains. On the iPad, Brushes captures a stroke-by-stroke video as you draw. If I am able to post the video tomorrow, everyone can watch me struggle to make this work.

No comments: