Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Heart Shaped Box (Detail of Interior)


Heart Shaped Box (Detail of Interior)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Here is a close-up photo of the inside of the heart-shaped box, as it looked two days ago, when I finished the interior wall. (I say finished even though I know I may still see gaps that need to be fixed.) This photo shows the patterns I am making with bits of printed metallic ribbon. Today I worked for just thirty minutes on filling in gaps in the bright red area (floor of box). You can see some of the gaps in this photo. The process of filling in the gaps is very tedious, and the difference is hard to see, but as I close up gaps with bright red-orange ribbon, the intensity of the red will increase, so I will wait till I finish that area to post again. After that, I will use gold-colored acrylic paint on the inside wall of the lid, and on any remaining raw edges. So I think am close to finishing, which is good, because I need to start painting for a show this spring, and I could use the extra room in my studio.

No comments: