Thursday, March 10, 2011

Books and Candle (Pastel Still Life)


Books and Candle (Pastel Still Life)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This is a pastel still life that I came across today while I was straightening up my studio and making room to set up my easel so I can paint this weekend for an upcoming show. Of course I got distracted, and looked in some of my sketchbooks, which is where I found this drawing. I drew this picture at least five or six years ago, when I belonged to a drawing group that had weekly drawing sessions in members' homes. The still life set up was provided by that week's host. Today when I found this drawing, I checked and saw that I didn't have a photo of it, so I decided to take a picture and post it here tonight. Although there are things about this drawing that I would like to modify, such as the quirky composition, it was a good drawing "workout". It's clear that I spent a lot of time on the cut glass, but I think the books needed more attention. (We drew for two hours and that was it.) Perhaps this drawing is a candidate for another 'pastel make-over' at some point. . . .

No comments: