Friday, March 11, 2011

Pink Sky Pink Ocean (Oil Bar Painting Day 1)


Pink Sky Pink Ocean (Oil Bar Painting Day 1)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This is an oil bar painting that I started today. This is a painting of the ocean as it looks around the time the sun goes down. For inspiration and as a general reference, I am using a picture that I took from Lynch Park, here in Beverly, MA. (See the image that I posted March 8.) I was interested in the light, the colors in the sky and on the water, and that dark blue horizon line. The colors are more subtle than the sunset in the west, but the light and colors are reflected on the water and in the eastern sky. What I managed to do today was just rough in a composition and the basic colors. This might look simple but I doubt that it will be easy. I already see things on the canvas that I want to modify. But I am very happy to be painting!

1 comment:

Minka said...

I think you meant the photo was posted on March 7 (not the 8th). I think you've already nailed this image. Great!