Sunday, March 06, 2011

Necklace with Wooden Beads


Necklace with Wooden Beads
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This is a necklace that I made today, assorted wooden beads on a leather cord with a magnetic clasp. Sometimes while I am making one necklace, I get an idea for another one. That is what happened in this case. Yesterday I made a pendant with a wooden circle. As I was looking through my beads to figure out what would go with it, I saw some wooden beads that I bought a couple of years ago at a bead store in Lake Placid. So today I started creating a necklace with those beads, which are very different because they are stained to show the wood grain, and in some cases, they are stained with other patterns. I added some other wooden beads, and put this necklace together. That sounds simple, but it wasn't. Even though I behaved myself this time and used a design board, I had to revise the design twice, and I also had to restring the whole thing because I had problems with the clasp. At that point I was very frustrated, but I was happy enough with the end result.

No comments: