Monday, March 07, 2011

Pink Sky from Lynch Park (Posterized)


Pink Sky from Lynch Park (Posterized)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Today I was looking through my photos for images to use for oil bar paintings. I have a show coming up and I would like to add a few more paintings. I found a photo that I took back in May, 2009, a view of the Atlantic Ocean taken from a beach here in Beverly, MA. I am going to use this as the basis of the oil bar painting that I plan to start this week. This afternoon I opened Painter and made this posterized version of the photo. Posterizing makes the colors and shapes easier to see, so it helps for painting, but I also like the way it looks. Sometimes I display the posterized photos as well as my paintings (but in a separate area, not side-by-side). The image looks simple, but it is far more complex than it first appears. I am eager to get started.

No comments: