Thursday, April 21, 2011

Celebrating Forsythia (Posterized Photo)


Celebrating Forsythia (Posterized Photo)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Forsythia is blooming all over town! All the bright yellow flowers everywhere make it look like a celebration. This image started with a photo that I took a few days ago, during a neighborhood walk. I transferred the image from my iPhone to my computer, and then used Painter to posterize it. In the original version, there was just one tiny spot of bright red (a glimpse of a car in the background, I think). But I liked the touch of bright red against all that yellow, so I added a few more touches of red, about the same size, using some digital pastel. Can you find them? They are very small. This is a very subtle difference, but I think those little touches of red help to balance the color and the composition.

No comments: