Monday, April 25, 2011

Magnolia Tree at Long Hill Gardens


Magnolia Tree at Long Hill Gardens
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Here in Beverly, north of Boston, the has gone from November to June and back to April over the past few days, resulting in rain, mist, and fog. Sunday's adventure was a trip to Long Hill Gardens, just up the road, to see what bloomed in recent warm spell. There were lots of daffodils and forget-me-nots in the garden, and I took pictures of them. But what I liked best was a magnolia tree just outside the gardens proper so I took a photo with my iPhone camera. Long Hill Gardens (aka Sedgwick Gardens) used to be a private estate, but now the house and formal gardens are open to the public. And it really is on a hill. This photo shows the view looking out into the distance. I liked the magnolia tree against this backdrop; some of the trees in the background create a pink cast because they are about ready to bloom. Tonight I cropped the original photo to get this composition.

No comments: