Monday, April 04, 2011

Wedding Luncheon 1943 (Digitally Modified Photograph)


Wedding Luncheon 1943 (Digitally Modified Photograph)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This is a digitally modified photograph of my parents on their wedding day, April 4, 1943. This was the at the lunch (at the Vail Hotel) following the wedding. In the original image, an oversized group shot of the luncheon and the guests, you can hardly see my parents, in the top corner of the photo. The original photo is great, but I wanted just my folks, so I scanned the image in and cropped it. Then I opened the image in Painter and went to work. I had to do some cut and paste to cover up a large woman's hat that was covering part of my dad's coat. Then I did some selective color overlays and posterizing till I had what I wanted: which is this, just my parents, newly married, on their wedding day.

1 comment:

Minka said...

Nice! I'd love to see the group photo too.