Sunday, April 03, 2011

Still Amazed (Oil Bar Painting Day 4)


Still Amazed (Oil Bar Painting Day 4)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This is an oil bar painting in progress. I am painting a scene that I photographed last summer, a view of the sunset from Obear Park, here in Beverly. (That photo is inspiration and reference for this painting. I posted the photo here last week, in case anyone wants to see.) So this is the painting as it looked on day 4 (which was April 2). I am still working getting everything in the right position. With the small amount of time that I had to work yesterday, I concentrated on moving the cloud formation and light rays further down on the canvas to make room for some diagonal streaks of clouds in the sky. I also modified a shadow in the water to create a diagonal line that will eventually align with a ray of sunlight in the sky, as in the photo.) I still have lots of changes to make, but once I am happy with the composition, I can focus on color, value, and depth.

1 comment:

Frank Zweegers said...

Great work!