Saturday, May 07, 2011

Photo Display at Beverly Farms


Photo Display at Beverly Farms
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

After I finished setting up my art show at Beverly Farms Library, I took some pictures. I usually hang my photographs on the wall. But these frames aren't sufficiently to work with the hanging system that the library uses. (The weight of the art work makes the hook engage and hold tight against the metal rod.) I didn't want to re-frame the photographs, so I decided to display the photos on a table (in this case, two library tables pushed together). I bought some very simple black metal stands at Michaels that seem very stable. The hardest part was arranging the display. Each photo can be seen without obscuring the other photos, but viewers have to lean in and get involved to get a really good look.

No comments: