Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Between Manchester and Sheffield


Between Manchester and Sheffield
Originally uploaded by randubnick

Today I transferred the videos and photos from my recent trip from my iPhone into iPhoto, and started editing. I am going to crop and label and edit my travel photos to make albums to share with friends and family (through e-mail, Facebook, or MobileMe gallery). But don't worry: I don't plan to post all my travel photos on this site. As I edit, I am also looking for photos that I took with art in mind, and those are the kind of photos I plan to post here. I took this photograph shortly after arrival in the UK. The flight landed in Manchester, and the weather was very overcast, cold, and rainy. We picked up the rental car and headed toward Sheffield. I was expecting the area to be very industrialized, so I was surprised to see the green hillsides. It was still cloudy and raining, but the sun began to come out just a bit. I liked the light, so I took some pictures. (I was in the passenger seat of a moving car: this time on the opposite side of the road!) Tonight I used iPhoto to adjust the exposure just a bit and to crop this image out of the original photo, trimming out the interior of the car. The sunshine through the rain made me feel optimistic about the trip. Turns out I was right about that.

No comments: