Thursday, May 12, 2011

Pink Blossoms on the Tree


Pink Blossoms on the Tree
Originally uploaded by randubnick

This is a photo that I took on May 12 at Long Hill Gardens, here in Beverly, MA. I was leaving for a trip to Europe the following day. I had so much to do to get ready. Should I really take the time to go to Long Hill to look at the spring flowers? I didn't want to miss the spring blossoms or the lilacs, so I decided to go. Well, it turned out to be a great idea. The flowering trees were all in bloom, and I couldn't stop taking pictures. Suddenly I was able to calm down and focus on the present moment. Later that day, I uploaded a number of the photos to Flickr, and marked them as private (temporarily), and planned to my blog during my trip. But it was too hard to get an internet connection during the trip, so I decided to post these images after I got home. (Both Flickr and Blogger allow editing the date of posting.) This is the first of this set, and I plan to one or two every day until I "catch up." Meanwhile, I will also organize my trip photos so I can start posting those too. So thanks to digital technology, I am turning back the clock to post this image as my "daily" post for May 12!

No comments: