Sunday, June 26, 2011

Tropical Fish in Belfast (Posterized Photo)

This image began with a photo that I took during my recent stay in Belfast, Northern Ireland, in the "Tropical Ravine", part of the botanical gardens at Queen's University. Finding images of tropical plants among my photos from Belfast might seem surprising, but actually this wasn't my first visit, so I already knew that you can see lots of beautiful plants on campus in the greenhouses, no matter what the weather. But still, it was surprising to suddenly see a pond full of bright orange fish! (I love this kind of surprise, especially on a trip.) I was interested in the way the brick wall and window were reflected in the water, so I took a picture. Tonight I used Painter to posterize the image, and then I cropped it to get this composition.

No comments: