Saturday, July 09, 2011

Stop and Look at Boston (Posterized Photo)

This image began with a photo that I took this evening in Boston. Two friends were arriving at Logan on flights several hours apart, so we had time between airport runs to see a little bit of Boston and get something to eat near Quincy Market. On the way back to the airport for the second pick-up, I was in the passenger seat, navigating. We stopped at a red light, and my concerns about getting lost or being late vanished when I looked up and saw this view. Then I was glad for the red light because it gave me a chance to stop and look at Boston. Later, when I got the image into my computer, I could see that the light was too low and the focus was a little too soft. So I opened the image in Painter and posterized it. Then I used iPhoto to crop the image, and this is the result.

No comments: