Monday, July 25, 2011

Stopping for the Train

Stopping for the Train by randubnick
Stopping for the Train, a photo by randubnick on Flickr.

This morning I took a short walk between projects, just to have a quick break. As I came around the corner, the railroad crossing lights started flashing because the train was pulling into the station. The barrier came down across the sidewalk, so my walk would have to stop for the train, for a few minutes at least. But this was a great opportunity to photograph the train, so I decided to stop and look at the train as well. I pulled out my iPhone and got ready for the train to pass, and as it left the station, I got a few photographs. This is one of the best. While this photo was still in the iPhone, I used the Camera Bag app to apply the Colorcross effect. Then I transferred the image into my computer and used iPhoto to crop the original to get this composition.

No comments: