Monday, August 29, 2011

Chicken Collage Day 4 (Aug 29 2011)

This morning I went up to the studio to restore it to "pre-storm" condition. (On Friday I closed all the windows and took stuff down from the walls and tucked things away just in case.) After the studio was back to normal, I got to work on this little collage, an image of a chicken made up of patterns. (I got this idea looking at some real live chickens over at Long Hill Gardens a couple of weeks ago.) I closed up gaps on the chicken's body with pieces of yellow paper and also used yellow paper to make the shape of the legs. Then I added black and white pattern to the legs. The geometric shapes come from a chart that I found on the flip side of the cover of an old watercolor pad. I had black squares on white rectangles, but I cut them in half to make the triangles that I used on the legs. I was having a great time, but I had to stop for today.

No comments: