Thursday, August 18, 2011

Swiss Chard in the Field

Swiss Chard in the Field by randubnick
Swiss Chard in the Field, a photo by randubnick on Flickr.

Today's adventure was a trip out to the Food Project at Longhill Gardens here in Beverly, MA. The Food Project is a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) and paying for a membership means a weekly haul of lettuce or cucumbers or squash or whatever is available. In addition to the food arranged in bins under a tent, there is usually a chance to pick herbs and whatever else is available. Today it was cherry tomatoes, but to get to them, I had to walk along a long row of Swiss chard. When I realized that I was admiring the beautiful colors of the Swiss chard, I stopped and took out my iPhone camera and got a couple of pictures. Tonight I edited this one in iPhoto.

No comments: