Saturday, August 13, 2011

Zigzag Ribbon (For Pattern)

Zigzag Ribbon (For Pattern) by randubnick
Zigzag Ribbon (For Pattern), a photo by randubnick on Flickr.

I love my Painter software, and have been an enthusiastic user for over twenty years. One of my favorite features is "capture pattern," which allows you to instantly create a pattern from either a photo or a drawing. But unfortunately, every time I upgrade the program and/or upgrade my operating system (which I did recently), I lose some of my captured patterns. (If anybody out there can tell me how to remedy this, please help!) But of course, I can always make more. Tonight I decided to make a new pattern, something abstract. So I used a bright red "digital felt tip pen" to make a zig-zag line within a square format. This little gesture is so simple that it is more of a doodle than a drawing. Then I used the "woodcut effect" to get the black outline, and added a color overlay in lavender. And that was it. After that, I used this new "Zigzag Ribbon" pattern to make two more images, which I plan to post tomorrow and the day after.

No comments: