Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Chicken Collage Day 8 (October 11, 2011)

Yesterday I went to the studio at Porter Mill and worked on this project, a collage of a chicken. (A few months ago, I saw some chickens at Long Hill Gardens, was admiring the elaborate patterns in their feathers, and suddenly imagined a chicken made out of patterns, and that is how this project got started. Well, the past few weeks have been crazy, and I haven't had a chance to get back to this project. Besides, I had run out of the black and white patterned paper--cut out from the border print of an Arches watercolor pad. But yesterday, on the way to the studio, I stopped at the art supply store and picked up another Arches watercolor block in the same size. The watercolor block will be put to good use soon, but I took off the cover right away and started to cut up its black and white border.) So yesterday, with a fresh supply of black and white printed paper, I did some more work on the tail feathers.

No comments: