Sunday, October 09, 2011

Delicata Squash (Posterized and Edited Photo)

On Thursday afternoon, we went to the Food Project at Long Hill Gardens, here in Beverly, This is a CSA project (community supported agriculture), and every week, Thursday is the day for members to pick out, pick up, and in some cases, actually pick the vegetables for the week. It is getting late in the season, and this week there were huge carts full of pumpkins and different kinds of squash. These are delicata squash (which I know because there was a sign). I liked the patterns and colors, so I took some pictures. Tonight I cropped this image out of the original photo. Then I used Painter to clean up the squash a bit with digital pastel, and then posterized the image. I think this might look good as a digital woodcut. . . .

No comments: