Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Necklace with Pink Felt Bead

Last month, when I was visiting with my Aunt Edy in Denver, we went bead store hopping and made jewelry together. (My aunt got started making jewelry several years ago at the age of 87!). After we got back from the bead shops, my aunt showed me how to make felt beads. I posted one of the necklaces I made back on September 12, but I never got around to posting this one, which I also made the same day. For this one, I wrapped a strip of pink felt around a thick wooden skewer. Then I removed the skewer and sewed the outer end of the strip down to secure it. The next step was to sew some tiny seed beads onto the felt. I used several colors and tried to balance their placement, but really the design was pretty random because my control of the needle was not precise, to say the least. When I was finished, I put the bead on a ready-made leather choker that I had bought in one of the bead stores earlier in the day.

No comments: