Sunday, October 02, 2011

Pillar at Long Hill

Pillar at Long Hill by randubnick
Pillar at Long Hill, a photo by randubnick on Flickr.

This image started with another photograph that I took at Long Hill Gardens during a recent morning walk. The gardens are located on an old estate (Sedgwick Gardens), and the centerpiece is an old house surrounded by gardens close by, and trails further out. I like the mix of natural and formal elements. This is one of two columns at the beginning of a gravel path. Elements like this at Long Hill always make me I was looking up and admiring one of the columns, and I decided to take a picture. I was shooting into the light, so it took some editing later on (in iPhoto) to get the column to show up. I also cropped the image and used the retouch tool to get rid of a branch that was creating a distracting line.

No comments: