Thursday, November 03, 2011

Family Snapshot Backyard at Katzes October 43

Yesterday I posted a digital image based on this snapshot of my mom, taken in 1943. I came across the snapshot yesterday when I was looking for pictures of her, and finally found some among photos given to me by one of my dad's sisters, a few years after he died. On the back of the photo are the words "Backyard at Katzes" and "October '43" -- in my mother's handwriting. I hadn't seen this photo in any of the other family albums, so I wonder if it was a photo taken to send to him. (They married in April of 1943, and by October, he was overseas.) Anyway, the photo was in great shape, but so small that I couldn't see it very well. So I scanned it into the computer, and this is what it looked like when I enlarged it.

No comments: