Friday, December 23, 2011

Grasses at the Pond (Digitally Modified and Posterized Photo)

Yesterday I found some photos that were still on my iPhone camera, pictures of grasses against the backdrop of a pond. (These were photos that I took on December 5, during a late afternoon walk at the Cummings Center.) Yesterday's image of beach grasses made me think about these photos, and tonight I decided to do something with them. I took the best of the photos and cropped it a bit. I liked the composition, but there were a few dead leaves in the water that were a little distracting, especially since I wanted the composition to emphasize that deep blue. So I opened the image in Painter and did a little clean-up with digital pastel. Then I posterized the image, and cropped again to get this image.

No comments: