Friday, January 27, 2012

Paper Roses Collage (Posterized Version)

This image began with a collage of paper roses that I made almost five years ago (final version posted here April 13, 2007). This week, I loaded my photo of the original version into Zazzle to use for a greeting card and other items, but the resolution was too low to get a good size image and well, it just didn't look good. The cast shadows of pasted paper look good when the collage is seen on its own, but become distracting when the image is imposed on another surface. So tonight I opened the photo of the original image in Painter, and changed the resolution. Then I used some digital pastel to cover some of the dark shadows cast by the pasted paper. Then I posterized the result, experimenting with the amount of posterizing effect till I got what I want it. I am happy with the result. l think it will look better in e-mail greetings, and I hope it will work better for making paper cards, as well.

No comments: