Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Snow Falling on the Hedge

Snow Falling on the Hedge by randubnick
Snow Falling on the Hedge, a photo by randubnick on Flickr.

Yesterday it started snowing around 8 AM. I decided I had better run out to the garage and bring in some supplies in case this turned into a big storm. By the time I had my boots on, the snow was coming down hard and starting to cover the sidewalk. On my way back to the house from the garage, the snow was falling on the hedge and it was so beautiful that I had to put down my bag of paper towels, frozen pizza, and bottled water so I could take some pictures. This is one of the best. Tonight I cropped it in iPhoto, and used the retouch tool to obscure neighboring houses just a bit. Well, it was about 8:15 AM when I took this photo. By 9 AM, the snow had stopped. By 11 AM, the snow was all gone. Is this really Massachusetts?

No comments: