Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Chicken Collage Day 17 (Feb. 21, 2012)

I went to the studio this morning and took a little time to work on this project, an image of a chicken made up of patterns. This crazy idea came to me while I was looking at chickens last summer during a walk at Long Hill Garden. I was amazed by the patterns in their feathers. I instantly had a mental image of what I wanted to do, and couldn't shake the idea. So here I am, months later, still working on this chicken. Today, I spent time on the tail feathers. This part is very time-consuming because it is like doing a jigsaw puzzle. I also added some white triangles to the back and neck of the bird. I have no overall plan for this; I am making it up as I go along. Even though the process is tedious, I am not complaining because working on this chicken always makes me smile.

No comments: