Friday, February 17, 2012

Happy to Draw (Digital Drawing)

This week I (finally) upgraded to Painter 12. Today I finally got the program installed and operational, and this is my first drawing with the upgrade. Painter is an amazing program that I have been using since sometime in the 1990s, despite the fact that I am a (recovering) technophobe. Each upgrade in Painter is a bit of a learning curve; the main tools and functions stay the same, but may be in a different place on the screen. You have to keep upgrading because Painter changes as Mac and Windows operating systems change. But I love Painter so much that I don't mind, well at least not much. Painter 12 comes with a beautiful little guidebook, which I plan to read. But I was happy and I had to draw right away. As soon as Painter was working, I started a little doodle that turned into a little sketch. I only had about 15 minutes to work on it, but I just wanted to see if I could do something pretty basic. Tonight I kept going with it a bit more, trying to use the "magic wand," "color overlay," and "posterizing" tools. So far, so good.

No comments: