Saturday, February 18, 2012

Happy to Draw (Digital Pattern)

Yesterday I posted a little digital drawing that I made using my brand new Painter 12 upgrade. I wanted to draw something quick and simple just to try out the basic functions. Today I continued my exploration by creating a pattern from that little drawing. Over the past several months, some of the functions in Painter 11 became problematic and even stopped working, no doubt due to compatibility issues with upgrades to my Mac OS. Making patterns was one of those functions. At first, I was unable to find old patterns I had created. But I am used to that because it seems to happen with every upgrade. But then the "capture pattern" function stopped working completely, so I couldn't make new ones. Making patterns is fun and also very useful, so that really convinced me to stop procrastinating already and upgrade to Painter 12. Now I am happy that I did. Just to make sure everything was going to work, I also uploaded this image into Zazzle. That also worked smoothly, and I am already using this little pattern on some new items.

No comments: