Wednesday, February 29, 2012

It's Snowing at Long Hill

It's Snowing at Long Hill by randubnick
It's Snowing at Long Hill, a photo by randubnick on Flickr.

We finally got some snow today. It started snowing around 2 PM, with more in the forecast. Here in Massachusetts, a prediction of snow means a flurry of errands before the storm: get gas, stop at the store, go to the bank. And in the midst of a series of such errands this afternoon, we took a break to walk the dog at Long Hill Gardens, here in Beverly. The snow was already falling, and it didn't seem like a very practical thing to do. But our little dog is a schipperke, and she loves the snow! And of course, our dog has the right idea! It was fun to be out while the snow was falling, and I took a lot of pictures. In this one, I was trying to catch the snow coming down. This is a view of the road that leads to the main building, formerly a private mansion but now owned by the Trustees of the Reservation. Tonight I used iPhoto to crop this image out of one of the best photos. (I also used the retouch tool to transform a small car into a bush.) I am glad I took time to play in the snow today.

No comments: