Monday, March 26, 2012

Landscape in Four Colors (As of Mar. 25, 2012)

Yesterday I worked on this painting for a while. I am using the basic shapes of a landscape and painting those shapes in four colors, running them through a kind of grid. I chose four colors that one might actually seen in the sky or on the earth at different times of the day. I had already laid in all four colors (purple, pink, blue, and apricot). So yesterday I painted in a second coat of purple. I modified the color to make it a little richer, and tried to straight out the lines as I went along. Then I painted on a second coat of pink, which I also modified to get a richer color. Now it looks like a dusty rose, and reminds me of the colors I see in the Colorado landscape. But I want the pink to be lighter, so I will probably put on another coat of paint, to glaze it down a bit. To be continued. . . .

No comments: