Thursday, April 12, 2012

Flowering Quince and Stone Wall (Digitally Modified Photo)

Here's another image of flowering quince, taken during yesterday's walk at Lynch Park, here in Beverly, MA. When I originally took this picture, I was thinking about the contrast of bright blossoms overhanging the stone wall and the spiny branches against the soft sand. But when I transferred the image into my computer and looked closely, I could see a big piece of rusty old machinery sitting on the wall, right in the middle of my photo. It was an interesting object in itself, but it was ruining my composition. So tonight I opened the image in Painter 12 and used cut-and-paste and digital pastel to cover up metal with stone. Then I posterized the image just a bit, to cover my tracks. Then I did a final crop to get this composition.

No comments: