Friday, May 25, 2012

Mist in the Distance (Modified and Posterized Photo)

Late yesterday afternoon, we went to Obear Park to walk the dog. It was sunny in Beverly, but as we arrived at the park, we could see fog or mist across the water, in Salem -- even though it was full sun on the Beverly side! I love the way fog looks, so I tried to take some pictures. I tried to zoom in to capture the effects of the fog. The original version of this photo was one of the best at getting a view of the mist in the distance. But unfortunately, I also captured a big sign in the foreground. So tonight, I opened the photo in Painter 12 and used some cut-and-paste as well as digital pastel to obscure the sign. Then I applied a light posterizing effect, but used selection tools to avoid applying the effect to the sky.

No comments: