Monday, May 21, 2012

Pansies at Green Meadow (Posterized Photo)

Tonight I used Painter 12 to create a posterized version of the photo I published here yesterday, pansies at Green Meadow Farm in South Hamilton, Massachusetts. Sometimes adding a posterizing effect is easy, but more often, it gets complicated. In this case, I knew I would need to lighten the shadows because the posterizing effect makes them darker. Then I experimented with the levels of posterizing. When I had the level that I liked, I could see that the lightest colors were completely washed down to white. So then I used the selection tool to add a pale yellow color overlay. Then I did some more selective posterizing to get a mix of bright white and pale yellow in those areas. I like this image, and hope to do something with it, maybe a Zazzle project.

No comments: