Friday, May 04, 2012

Paper Flowers (Collage) Posterized

Back in September of 2006, I was working on a collage, a floral bouquet made of pasted paper. Today I thought of the image to use on Zazzle.com, to make cards and gifts using the image. But because I thought I might use the image to make repeated patterns, I didn't want to use the finished version because it includes a vase. But I posted the way the project looked each day, so I decided to use "day 3". The next step was to duplicate the image and open it in Painter. I enlarged the image and then posterized it, trying different levels of posterizing until the colors and textures looked right. Then I uploaded this version into Zazzle and had lots of fun, making everything from aprons to gift boxes to iPad covers. (If you want to see what I made, go to zazzle.com/randiart )

No comments: