Friday, July 06, 2012

Daylilies and River

Daylilies and River by randubnick
Daylilies and River, a photo by randubnick on Flickr.

This is another photo that I took near the Bass River at the little riverbank walkway behind the Starbucks here in Beverly, MA. It was nearly sunset (the "golden hour"), and the daylilies looked great in that light, so I took a few pictures. I was pretty happy with this one, but when I opened the image in the computer, I could see some litter (maybe a candy wrapper) in exactly the wrong place. So I opened the image in Painter 12 and used some cut and paste to get rid of the problem. Then I did some selective posterizing. I wanted to cover my tracks and to bring out the color of the daylilies, but I didn't want to add posterizing effect to the water.

No comments: