Saturday, August 25, 2012

Reflections

Reflections by randubnick
Reflections, a photo by randubnick on Flickr.
Today the plan was to stop at Bradley Palmer State Park and see the butterfly gardens at Willowdale Estates. But there was a private event going on there, so that idea had to be scrapped, post-poned for another time. Instead, we explored a nearby raised wooden path along the water. This was a part of the park I had never seen before, very beautiful and a wonderful surprise. There were lots of scenes that I would like to paint and I took a lot of photos with my iPhone camera. This one is my favorite, a view from the wooden walkway at a point where there was a little break in the branches and this scene seemed to suddenly appear. The foliage was so thick and the water was so dark that at first it was hard to tell the reflection from the trees. Tonight when I got the image into my computer, I could see some dead branches that were in just the wrong place for the composition, so I used some digital pruning in Painter to neaten them up just a bit.

No comments: