Thursday, September 27, 2012

Fascinator with Pink Rose

Fascinator with Pink Rose by randubnick
Fascinator with Pink Rose, a photo by randubnick on Flickr.
Tonight I went to the Peabody Essex Museum in Salem, MA, for a special event linked to a current exhibit about hats (and probably also linked to the Iris Apfel fashion collection, recently donated to the museum). There was a lot going on, but what I liked best was that a milliner had a big table set up with with supplies so you could make your own fascinator. (A fascinator is a large hair decoration worn as a small hat, like a glorified headband.) People stood in a big long line to do this, and so did I! I chose a pink base, and then I added silver ribbon, pink mesh ribbon, and a pink rose, and glued everything down. If I ever get invited to a royal wedding, I'll be all set.

No comments: