Saturday, September 08, 2012

Sleight-of-Hand Bouquet

Sleight-of-Hand Bouquet by randubnick
Sleight-of-Hand Bouquet, a photo by randubnick on Flickr.

On Thursday we picked up our CSA share of vegetables at The Food Project at Long Hill Gardens. And we stopped in at "Fields of Flowers" too, where my daughter picked a beautiful bouquet. Once again, it rode home in the cup holder in the front seat of my car, and I took a picture. I opened this image in Painter tonight and nearly decided it was unusable because one flower was right in front of another, and it made for an impossible composition. But I decided to try some digital sleight-of-hand. I used cut and paste to copy the center of another flower, then used digital pastel to draw in the petals that were hidden. (See if you can tell which flower this is.) Then I used digital pastel to draw over the dashboard, the phone charger, etc. Then I used color overlays and posterizing to get this image.

No comments: