Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Manhattan in the Morning (Posterized Version)

Tonight I used Painter to create this posterized versions of one of my favorite photos of New York City, a photo that I took from the train a few years ago. I was headed back to Boston after a trip to New York. (The original version, was posted here on July 17, 2008.) It is hard to get a picture of New York City from that train. There's just a fleeting moment because the train enters and leaves Manhattan through a tunnel. You have to look for it and be ready, and it is very hard to get the photo. This view is one of the few times I got a successful picture of that fleeting glimpse. When I posterized the image tonight, I got some interesting colors and effects, and I think it looks like the sky clearing, and sun after rain. I liked it. It reminded me of a picture that was in the news today, a great big rainbow over New York City.

No comments: