Friday, November 16, 2012

Colorado Drawings: To Georgetown

Tonight I finally had a chance to get back to drawing, part of a project I am working on. I am making a series of little drawings based on an old sketchbook that I had with me on a trip through the Colorado mountains back in the 1980s. I made very quick sketches from the passenger seat of a moving car, and sometimes noted approximately where we were (Georgetown, Colorado for example). I am scanning the original pencil sketches into my computer, printing them out and tracing the lines into a new sketchbook, and drawing back into the sketch with pastels, conte crayon, marker, etc. Last week I scanned the original sketch into my computer and posted it here (on November 10th). Today I traced the image into the new sketchbook and started adding color. This is what I came up with. I like this one, though it still needs some clean-up. I did a lot of work to get the colors right. Even so, I may try to do another version because I would like to get the mountains higher up on the page (as in the original sketch).

No comments: