Thursday, November 15, 2012

Sketch of Pink Mountain (Digital Sketch)

Last night I downloaded a new iPhone app called "Paper". It has simple drawing tools and allows you to choose simulated papers, ranging from graph paper to rice paper to brown paper bag. I think it is really meant for writing hand-written notes or sketching out ideas (graphs, etc.) I saw a video demo some time ago (at least I think it is the same program). I think it will work well for making quick (rough) sketches of ideas for paintings, as well as for sending handwritten notes to people. But tonight I decided to see if I could use it to draw. So I went to my standard "try-out" mode for such situations, and drew a mountain. I was happy with the result, although I still can't figure the controls. Anyway, I did figure out that I can transfer the image into my computer and save it as a jpeg. I like it and it is always good to have another tool, but for drawing, it's hard to top the Brushes app.

No comments: