Monday, November 19, 2012

Hopeful Menorah

Hopeful Menorah by randubnick
Hopeful Menorah, a photo by randubnick on Flickr.
What am I doing posting a menorah? It seems too early to think about Chanukah, but I want to make some cards, and have to get on it pronto! Tonight I searched my images for "menorah" and found one of my favorites, a simple collage of a menorah, posted here December 15, 2006. But the background color wasn't right for a card, and besides, the resolution is too low and dimensions are too small to upload to Zazzle, which is where this is headed. So I opened the image in Painter and resized it. Then I used some digital pastel to change the background to blue, and added some outlining with selective color overays. Then I posterized the whole thing at a low level just to bring the resolution up. So maybe this the right time for a menorah: a little more light, a little more freedom, a little more hope for peace.

No comments: