Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Roof Top and Trees in Snow Storm (Digital Woodcut)

Last night I was looking through my files to find images to use for holiday cards. I searched for images of snow, and found a posterized photo of a neighbor's rooftop in a snowstorm, posted here on March 18, 2007. I opened the image in Painter to check the size, and of course the resolution and size were too small to use to make cards on Zazzle.com. So I duplicated the file and enlarged the canvas and increased the resolution. But as expected, making the image bigger created a lot of pixilation on the surface (kind of like watching an old movie on high definition television). So I decided to add a digital woodcut effect, which smooths out the surface. The result looks different from the earlier version, but I liked it, and I used it to make a card. (If you want to see the card, go to www.zazzle.com/rooftop_and_snow_holiday_greetings_card-13...)

No comments: