Friday, December 21, 2012

Pink Daisies Kaleidoscope

Pink Daisies Kaleidoscope by randubnick
Pink Daisies Kaleidoscope, a photo by randubnick on Flickr.
Here's another digital drawing that I created tonight with Painter 12's kaleidoscope tool. I can say that I am trying to figure out what works and what doesn't (which is true), but it is also addictive! So far I have discovered that the results aren't completely symmetrical, so the final image has to be cropped. I also figured out that although brush strokes appear in all six "kaleidoscope" panes, the paint brush tool doesn't work that way. In this design, I used the paint brush tool to fill outlined shapes with colors, and had to re-open the file to fix a leaf I had missed. But it is a lot of fun and I think I can use it to make patterns.

No comments: