Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Fabric Flowers and Vase (Day 5)

This afternoon, I worked on this project for a bit. I started this fabric collage or mosaic back in 2008 when I signed up for a fabric arts class at Red Brick Studio. We learned a lot of different processes, but this was one of my favorites. I originally put it aside because I needed more adhesive backing, and more material. But once I got the supplies, I just never made time to get back to this project. I came across it recently when I was straightening out my studio, so I have been working on it all week. The pieces of fabric are attached with iron-on adhesive backing, so it is really very easy. I have been working on the area near the bottom of the image (purple pieces). Today I decided to establish the borders, so that is what I worked on. I also added a few pieces of blue fabric to the vase.

No comments: